Motor Vehicle Licensing is the most frequently visited area of the Clerk’s office. Motor vehicle licenses must be renewed annually.
Process to Apply for a Personalized Plate
- Go to drive.ky.gov and select the plate style you would like to personalize.
- Check to see if your personalization is available.
- If available, you will submit an online pre-application to the Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing (MVL).
- A committee within MVL will approve or deny your request.
- If approved you must bring your pre-approval form and application to the County Clerk to process your application at that time you will pay the $25 fee
- Your plate is created within 4-8 weeks and when it arrives at the County Clerk’s office you will come back in to put your personalized plate on your vehicle. Be sure to bring in your current plate to exchange for your personalized plate.